Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Problem with apache thrift compilation

I downloaded thrift 0.8.0 tar ball yesterday and tried building it. It built successfully. But when I tried compiling the files from the tutorial sections I got lot of compilation errors. Google search suggested to configure it as given below:

$./configure CPPFLAGS="-DHAVE_INTTYPES_H -DHAVE_NETINET_IN_H"  --with-boost=

But again no luck. Finally I modified config.h (which generally installs in /usr/local/include/thrift/ directory) to include the headers  stdint.h and inttypes.h. After that everything was fine.
.
.
.

/* Define to 1 if you have the header file. */
#define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
#include   
<inttypes.h>  ///// I added this line
.
.

/* Define to 1 if you have the header file. */
#define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
#include  
<stdint.h>  ////// I added this line also


May be this tip will be useful for you. If so don't forget to thank me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment